When I started out in Photography I was lucky to work with mentors who guided me along the way. While assisting fulltime for 5 years, I met some of the greatest commercial photographers in the industry and expanded my network to other creatives who reviewed my work and helped me develop my style.
Teaching at the Australian Centre for Photography for 5 years now has been rewarding and has led to lectures during the HeadOn Photographic festival in past years as well as talks at the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art Sydney) and at ACMP (Australian Commercial and Media Photographers) ‘Trampoline’ events for emerging photographers.
I enjoy being able to share my expansive experience and knowledge of photography and the industry with all level students in an approachable “you can do it” -way. I have established a successful mentoring program for private students of all levels in their career as well as photography tuition for beginners and tips for established photographers to finesse their portfolios or projects. For most students their sessions have been a game changer and catalyst for change in their business and career and has turned them into confident image makers developing a deeper understanding and fulfilment in photography and most of all a passion.
Private Mentoring Sessions can include:
- // Curatorial advice for exhibitions: editing/ printing/ framing/ hanging/ choice of gallery/ promo.
- // Portfolio development: finding your style/ print and online presentations for clients/ personal work and project based work/ books/ websites.
- // Business coaching: starting a small business/ business plan/ pricing/ copyright and intellectual Property/ networking within the industry.
- // Photography tuition: all levels welcome/ basic use of a DSLR camera/ digital workflow/ post production/ choice of camera, gear and lenses/ project based advice to achieve consistent good results/ creative tips.
Choose between a 2 hour intensive session or different packages for multiple sessions.Couples, small groups and corporate sessions available. I recommend two 2 hour sessions with at least 4 weeks in between to work on all aspects we discuss during the first session
- // 2 hour intensive: $250
- // Double session (2x2h): $400
- // Discounts available on request (ACP, Uni, single parents…)