When I started out in photography, I was lucky to work with mentors who guided me along the way.
Teaching photography classes at the Australian Centre for Photography and other facilities in Sydney for over 12 years has been rewarding and led to talks at the renowned HeadOn Photographic Festival as well as talks at the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art Sydney). I now lecture at UTS and the prestigious Scots College alongside coaching private students of all levels.
I enjoy being able to share my expansive knowledge of photography and experience in the industry with all level students in an approachable “you can do it” way. I have established successful photography coaching for private students of all levels in their career as well as photography tuition for beginners and tips for established photographers to finesse their portfolios or projects. For most students their sessions have been a game changer and catalyst for change in their business and career and has turned them into confident image makers developing a deeper understanding and fulfillment in photography and most of all a passion.
- Photo Fun for Kids: a mindful approach to photography in a fast paced digital world
- Photography classes for full beginners, intermediate and advanced students including camera basics, light and composition. All levels welcome. we look at basic use of a manual camera, digital workflow, post production, choice of camera/gear/lenses. I can provide advice to achieve consistently good results and share professional, creative tips
- Business coaching for advanced students: portfolio work and business basics to launch and boost your career as a photographer. We explore the possibilities of starting a small business and create a business plan, work out pricing, introduce the principles of copyright and intellectual property and get you networking within the industry
- Curatorial advice for exhibitions: I can offer help with editing, printing, framing, hanging as well as finding the right gallery and choosing how to promote your work.
- Portfolio development: I offer separate portfolio reviews which help you find your style. This can lead to successful print and online presentations for clients, elevating your personal work and exploring project based work that can lead to a book, exhibition or online presence.
Choose between a 2h session or different packages for multiple sessions. Couples, small groups and corporate sessions available.
ONLINE SESSIONS VIA ZOOM AVAILABLE!!
You can book me as an educator to facilitate personalised and customised photography courses for your company or institution.
'I have completed a number of sessions with Fiona over the years. Fiona is amazing and has helped me every step of my photography journey. From camera craft one all the way to business mentoring. Not only does she offer the very best education but her support and encouragement continues far beyond each session.' - Melanie Judd, student 2020
'As a professional photographer I have always wanted to have an independent and objective portfolio review. I chose Fiona because I admire her as an artist and teacher. My session with her turned out to be one of the best things I’ve done for my creative self in a very long time. Fiona helped me make the next step in my photographic career and brought the courage I needed to go and finally meet creative agencies and show my portfolio.' Vassi Dulgerova